Thursday, July 18, 2013

Travels, Remembered and Recent

Morning Light, Les Murets, 20 x 16

Dimanche, Paris, 16 x 20

Last Saturday evening, Huff Harrington Fine Art (in Atlanta) hosted their 8th annual Bastille Day festivities, with French-inspired paintings from gallery artists and from painters who have gone to Provence with either Bill Davidson or me!  What a cool show -- many of my fellow travelers sold their provencal pieces last weekend - just lovely paintings, soulful and true.  Above are a couple of mine, memories of Provence and of Paris, which found happy homes as well.  Love the Huff Harrington vibe and the buzz they create in that oh-so-french way! 

Recent travels below:

Late Light, Maine, 12 x 9



Before the Rain, Maine, 12 x 12



Shiny Morning, Maine, 11 x 14

My friend Dianne invited me to join her at a wonderful place - Rock Gardens Inn, Sebasco Estates, Maine - for an artist's retreat week last week.  I loved it!  The light, the simple cottages (the three nice meals each day :-) - truly a new experience for me.

Oh, and I am having a petite workshop on Sunday, August 18th at Huff Harrington from 9 - 4, painting children or the figure from photos... Fun and Lunch included - price is $ 195.   Call Linda at HH (404) 257-0511 for a spot if you are interested!

1 comment:

  1. I am in awe of your skill. I love your painterly technique and color harmonies very much. Always inspiring to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete