Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sketches

Christine, 12 x 12

Yvonne, a painter and friend, sometimes hires a model and invites several others on consecutive Mondays for a few hours.  I went two weeks ago, and didn't get a painting I liked, but I did do this brief sketch that evokes a bit of the elegant pose.  Life studies of all subject matter are SO important, as I quickly realized after about a year away from live models...I am going again next Monday, and look forward to seeing what develops!!

3 comments:

  1. Very lovely sketch Nancy. Such an arresting pose, with elegant rendering and subtle shading. Did you use charcoal and oil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS! So few strokes and color and yet such great impact!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sketch- just lovely marks and love the toning that you did also. Very lovely and elegant.

    ReplyDelete