Thursday, January 26, 2012

Long Time, No Blog!


Tulips in Mercury Glass, 18 x 14, Oil Sketch

I've been accomplishing things, and having fun too... all paintings for the Huntsville Museum Gala this March are actually in Huntsville, I have been painting with less investment and more freedom, I taught THE most fun workshop last Sunday at Huff Harrington, and we leave tomorrow to see the kids in Alaska (not one's fave destination for January, but oh well)!  So things are good, perking along -- I am stretching my wings and hoping to sail this year on positive energy, and on appreciation for all of my new and old friends in this art life!


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Wonderful composition with the reflections in the mercury glass and they are gorgeous. I am loving the fabric and all the fabulous folds and temperature shifts. That just looks like it was so fun to paint!:) And always adore your tulips- such confident brush work and simply stated elegance! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always so happy to see one of your beautiful paintings! I like how the composition of this forms a "C". The reflections in the mercury glass are beautiful, especially that bit of blue. And as always, your muted colors are gorgeous! Stay warm in Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Une oeuvre pleine de délicatesse, de fraîcheur...
    Gros bisous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous painting and I hope you have a safe trip and great visit with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful painting, Nancy! Have a great trip and I will be so thrilled to see you in Chattanooga!

    ReplyDelete