Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Further Swimming -- Let it Go!


"Success is not the key to happiness.  Happiness is the key to success.. if you love what you are doing, you will be successful."    -  Albert Schweitzer




I think sometimes I try too hard to figure out what the expectations of me and my paintings are, rather than painting what I feel.  Lately, it's been refreshing to let that go!

I like the photo below of my palette mixtures -- which would make a cool abstract painting -- better in many ways than lots of my "real" paintings.  I have, however, turned a corner of sorts for me --  letting spots of paint fly and enjoying the process.    Knowing the basics is necessary, but fun experimentation is giving me a new lease on life -- woohoo!  


Photo of my palette mixtures



Welcome Home, Charleston, 12 x 12



Class Demo,  
from recent Opelika Workshop, 
White Roses, 14 x 11



Knock First, Charleston, 16 x 12



 Sunny Morning, Charleston, 12 x 9



April Sunshapes, Charleston, 14 x 11


 Block-In (which I like better) of painting below 


Au Nom de la Rose, 30 x 24



Memories of Provence, 48 x 36



Sunporch Bouquet, 18 x 18



Tutu and Boots, 16 x 12
 Class Demo, 
recent Opelika Workshop




LET IT FLY!!

"You were never in control anyway," 

Steve Maraboli,
Life, the Truth, and Being Free










6 comments:

  1. All are stunning! The colors are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Sue! Thanks so much... it's fun again to use more color and less restraint! yay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever you do, it's always beautiful! By ALL means, keep following your heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every single one of your paintings are wonderful - beautiful and well painted!
    Nice of you to share your different stages. When an artist as accomplished as you does that it makes me realize my own periods of indecision and change are all part of growth. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous post and so true. The art is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete