Thursday, February 18, 2010

Warm Up

Pear and Plum Study, 10 x 10




This weekend, I am teaching that workshop for 15, through the Art School in Sandy Springs. This is my largest group yet, because Donna Thomas, the director, has acquired a nice large gallery space which accommodates more painters! I tell students to do small studies from life each day, prior to painting larger pieces -- a Warm Up, so to speak. I did the one above today as a warm up...and I definitely needed to get back in the groove, as I spent the last 3 days cleaning and rearranging my studio. It feels like a new space, but I am needing to recharge my painting batteries before Saturday. I haven't gotten back to the large painting of the roses, but will post when I do.


6 comments:

  1. Nancy, thanks so much for contacting me! I would hate it if I missed your blog. This is a perfect example of what I love about your painting, so sensitive and strong at the same time, like a controled whisper. I am so excited at the thought of a steady dose of Nancy Franke, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nancy, I came to visit after Carol's recommendation I do so. I am glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did the workshop go? Beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the world of blogging, Nancy! I noticed that a few people were wandering over to my blog from yours, and I came over to see what you are up to. Beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. - I highly recommend setting up a feedburner email subscription to your blog - that way people can subscribe, and your posts will be automatically emailed to them! Let me know if you need any help setting it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're so excited that you've joined the blogging world! We're sure that you have fabulous things in store! Hope that the workshop went well. Your "warm up" would be considered a masterpiece for most people- absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete