Monday, November 21, 2011

Les Petites Oeuvres and Other Fun



Ooh La La, 6 x 6

Well, here is a little MacKenzie - Childs vase that I just HAD to buy, as I loved the jauntiness of it! Since it is "small works" season at Huff Harrington and all around, I get to do what I really enjoy -- painting in the small format. As I often preach, little studies invite immediate response and loose brushwork, which are goals of mine in all of my paintings.  I guess that these little ones reduce my investment in the outcome -- which usually results in a better outcome!

And a few more:

Radish Dance, 6 x 6

BFF's, 6 x 6

2 comments:

  1. These are just fun and fabulous! Love all three! Your "fill the canvas" compositions just make them all dynamic design. Colors are gorgeous. The brushwork is stellar and I am a fan of these Small Works for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are charming, Nancy. I especially like the radishes. I have the feeling of looking at them through a rainy window.

    I also love the elegant simplicity of the floral before this post. It is so calming, I can feel my blood pressure drop as I view it.

    ReplyDelete